Caution : What you could come across in the process.

Insignificant references to my life, an abstract and distracted thought sequel, monotony, inconsistency, vague vague perception, whorish intellectualism, feminist bullshit, armchair activism, causes I try to relate to, sharp sarcasm, even sharper criticism, frivolous details.

Nonetheless Happy Reading.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Is it just me or are we getting louder?

I think its just me then. I haven't been particularly television friendly for over two years now. I cannot be hushed into believing everything's the same.

I couldn't sit through Rahul Kanwal interviewing Mani Shankar (With Mani Shankar throwing his Let me speak, let me finish, I am asking you Mr Rahul Kanwal on national television to LET ME SPEAK much too often, you sort of tend to loose track of the discussion)
I couldn't sit through Arnab Goswami interviewing five people at a time either. It was impossible to make sense of it, it had to be considering one of the five people being interviewed was Renuka Choudhary. 
Of all the things I can bear (many among them being bad food, humming mosquitoes, rap music, pretentious social retards and mounting societal pressure) - the one thing I can't bear is Renuka Choudhary ranting on my television screen - it is redefining 'blown out of proportion.' 
And if Renuka Choudhary proclaims herself- a feminist then I would go back to being an inconspicuous bore. I would. 

I don't blame us for getting louder though, how long are we going to be buttoned up for? We have moved from a nation of dirty politics to desperate politics and it just keeps getting worse.
Now that worries me.  


Now I know what you'd tell me..you'd tell me that I have a choice..to flip a damn channel and save you the trouble of reading this post or probably you'd be nice enough to tell me to flip the damn channel to save myself the trouble of going through that drudgery. 
But somehow reading Kafka on days when you have nothing to do oddly dilutes your entire perspective on things. 


But 20 minutes of yelling and bawling was all it took for me to give up on my Kafkaesque approach towards life. 
So I just switched over to Bree (from desperate housewives) making the perfect watercress sandwiches, pushing aside a strand of lovely red hair from her botoxed forehead (I love you Bree, you know that) keeping up with her dangerously yet unfailingly perfect demeanor. 


I also think we should have more of Karan Thapar and his deadpan wit, gagging his guests to speechlessness. 



No comments: