- Old man getting off the bus : Health is not the only thing that could fail you.
- A girl painting her nails : Here's to the quality of women we cherish
- The beggar at the side walk : Society successfully floats over the system of the dammed
- Man going back home after a nightshift : Home is my much needed fuel right now
- Girl walking home alone after school : I am not old enough to run away either..
- A boy who has been subjected to unruly bullying : Because I know what its like to not want to wake up on a bright sunny cheerful morning.
- Wife craving for attention : So there I was hanging on to a delicate thread of his affection
- Girl looking into the mirror : Here I was 20 and a half knowing exactly how I'd feel like when I'd be 40.
- Boy staring at the smartest kid in class : He knows of a high,has he ever known of a low? Ever thought of what if it wouldn't go?
- Anoerexic : Not a way to die
Caution : What you could come across in the process.
Insignificant references to my life, an abstract and distracted thought sequel, monotony, inconsistency, vague vague perception, whorish intellectualism, feminist bullshit, armchair activism, causes I try to relate to, sharp sarcasm, even sharper criticism, frivolous details.
Nonetheless Happy Reading.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
As writers we tend to dwell on very unlikely subjects.The weirder the better we think.What we don't realize is that it is an important process of our own becoming,..that Gulliver was one sixth of Jonathan Swift and the rest was imagination or something that was a reflection of a real life adventure.
So this is how the story goes..
I find a subject.I dwell on the subject.I let go off my subject and initiate the process of my own becoming.
But around this time I decided, enough about myself.The little bright spotlight that I cast upon myself had turned sour.I am tired of knowing what I think,of what I do and what I do not.
So I will talk about him and his thoughts.
He would be the subject.The surgeon has a corpse,the biologist- a frog,the lawyer- a case,the gardener- flowers,a carpenter- tools.
I would have him.But not essentially - just as the surgeon doesn't essentially have a corpse and the biologist essentially doesn't have a frog and gardeners may come without flowers and carpenters without tools.Quite a possiblity.
Here is when I now say that I don't know much about men.But I do know when they are not coming back.It has something to do with the way they walk.This is what they call gifted and stupid.
21 years is a decent period of time to make up your mind.
Friday, November 6, 2009
I am the one they stare at when
they look at you
and I am the one they see
when they don't see you
I have maneuvered the details
of my place and being
ever since you questioned my existence
I am your oldest scar
I would be the last to leave
I have known a thing or two
about falling,opening up,bleeding and healing
I am made of broken things yet
I have been resilient and undemanding
I expect you to forgive my existence
I am afterall your very own
I am not pretentious nor am I superficial
My roots dig deeper than you think they might
I will show on naked skin and
in unfurnished houses
Only remember this precious
Your tears are my own
your pain is mine as well
I am your oldest scar
I burn when you do.